Monday, December 10, 2012

Video Roulette Christmas Special Day 9 - Noel

Well here's to seeing if tomorrow I will do this as soon as I get up so I won't have to worry about it the rest of the day. Nevertheless, I still came up with a Christmas word for my Christmas Special.

I previously typed in the word "Noel" and got the typical videos so I skipped over it for yesterday's video. But as it is with the internet constantly changing, I typed it in today and I found something worth viewing.


I showed this video a friend of mine who studied Japanese and Chinese. He was able to tell me that this was actually Korean. 

Apparently, this is to be some new Korean movie that plays more like a soap opera. According to my friend, who also lives in a high volume area of Spanish speaking people, that shows like this are typical and could be  described similarly to the over-dramatic Mexican soap operas showing on TV these days.

One look at this video...and I'm inclined to agree having seen a few Mexican soap operas. I know there is a more technical term for those shows but it's late...or rather early and I'm less inclined to look up the actual name.

At first, I was ready to be freaked out, then to be scared. But after it's all said and done...I feel blah. I've seen the overacting in other venues and I'm numb to the feeling. All in all 'who cares?' is an appropriate sentiment. No offense to those that love these type of shows being that they are apart of your culture or you are just a fan of this type of show. It's just not my type of thing. Give me a good serious action, comedy, or sci-fi any day of the week.

Well, that's all from this blogger. I'm Creative Karma here at Video Roulette and I'm off to dream up my own melodrama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment