Thursday, December 13, 2012

Video Roulette Christmas Special Day 13 - Bells

Back we are again and yet it's nearly the next day for me. My day was so filled up with other things I haven't had any time up till now to put out a post. Real life really buried me today.

Nevertheless, I will quickly jump into Day 13 of the Video Roulette Christmas Special. Is it my unlucky number? We'll soon find out.

I have to say for a while actually it was. Mostly considering I've been kept away from doing this at an earlier time and then trying to come up with a video I could actually rate. In the end, and with much debating, I finally found something that's not a how to for fruitcake or whatnot like that. All of those would automatically be labeled as who cares.

This time around, as you no doubt know by looking at the title of this post know I used the word "bells" for my searching. Everyone knows about the song silver bells and the like and while that is a very classic song I was more interested in finding the less known videos.

Like this one  for instance:


Again, you might say that this song is just as iconic and well known about as silver bells. Well, you are right and wrong. This song is a very well known song and yet it is usually a song of bells, trumpets, and maybe a piano I don't for sure. Yet, here is a man playing it with his cello instead. I know remakes have been done before but I was curious enough to give it a watch.

I was actually quite impressed. It keeps traditional while also being different. Yet, being that I was looking at this video closely enough to notice that at one point his bow strings were breaking and it stays like that. Seems odd that something wouldn't be done about that but it's just my opinion.

All in all, not a bad video I'd say. Well worth the listening to and worth a rating of 'time well spent'. It almost makes one want to get all traditional and whatnot. Considering the inability to come up with interesting words that may happen for me sooner rather than later.

I'm Creative Karma here at Video Roulette and while this has nothing to do with the video or Christmas: I'm going to see The Hobbit! Geeks rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment