Friday, December 14, 2012

Video Roulette Christmas Special Day 14 - Advent Calendar

Day 14 of the Video Roulette Christmas Special and I'm going strong once again. Last night I more or less breezed through that out of pure tiredness.

Last night I saw a video that I wasn't sure what to do with. My mind simply refused to process what I saw. Maybe I needed something simpler but now with my brain refreshed, I jumped back on to look at the video again. 

I needed to see if the oddity was with the video or my brain. If it was the video then it'd be placed on the list of videos that almost made the cut; however, if it was my brain...well then I need t get that checked and give it a fair show.

The words that sparked this effort were submitted by the Cinema Chick: advent calendar. While this is technically an online version of that I never thought before to actually use that as the Christmas words. 

For those that need the definition of advent calendar: a large card with a brightly colored sometimes tinseled design on it that contains small numbered doors for children to open on each of the days of Advent, revealing pictures beneath them. And the word Advent means the period beginning four Sundays before Christmas, observed in commemoration of the coming of Christ into the world.

So here is the video that the words Advent calendar:


This video at first threw me for a loop. Imagine watching this when you are physically and mentally tired and trying to make sense out of what you're seeing or even wanting to think that hard.

So the second time around I watched it with a clean slate and while it still threw me I at least knew where I could go with it and the words that come to mind: WTF?! 

I honestly wanted to know what these guys were thinking. Sure they were thinking of doing something funny original but I feel like they missed the mark a long time back. It almost pains to me to watch and I was scared enough that I considered not watching the whole thing. My questioning of their mental states is where I place this in the epic "WTF?!"  category.

Whew, I made it through. Day 14 is done with more to come. I hope by the end of this my brain hasn't leaked out of my ears.

I'm Creative Karma here at Video Roulette and if that Santa ever comes to my house there may never be a Christmas again.

No comments:

Post a Comment