Friday, December 7, 2012

Top 8 Videos That Almost Made the Cut - Round 2

Here we are. At my 21st blog post, it's time for another showing the top 8 videos that almost made the cut through these last blog posts.

With all the video searching I've done over the past few days I've come across some videos that were of the good, the bad, and the ugly so to speak. But in the middle of all of that were those videos that I just couldn't rate or watch for one reason or another. While I do have a rating for the scary, sometimes it goes so far beyond that I don't even want to attempt it.

So let's jump into the Top 8 Videos That Almost Made the Cut Round 2.

Number 8
Elves - Learn how to Attract Real Elves to You!

In watching this video...I feared for the little sanity I have left to me. I'm still curious as to whether this guy was serious or on some sort of drugs. While I am a huge LoTR fan I haven't assumed that elves were actually real and believed I would be able to find and communicate with one.

After much talking with a friend, he insisted that there are some people who honestly do believe that these creatures exist and that they can find them. They believe in them that much. Thinking back to all the shows on today about finding Bigfoot...this really shouldn't have come as this much a surprise.

Number 7
Justin Beiber - Mistletoe

Now, I won't....loudly fault those who like Justin Beiber. I'm sure there are countless people out there questioning my musical taste. But I'm sorry, I just don't get the "Beiber fever" which sounds like some horrible disease.

This song in general bothers me by the lyrics: "I should be chilling with my folks, I know / But I'mma be under the mistletoe".

So...you are avoiding fun, friends, family and tradition to stand under the mistletoe with a girl? I understand that mistletoe is an iconic Christmas image but it's not the only thing Christmas is about. This comes off more like a horny guy rather than a meaningful Christmas song.

Number 6
Snoop Dogg - The Tree ft. Kid Cudi

Is it just me or did Snoop Dogg once used to be this hard core sort of rapper? Did he always do these sorta rap light things that weren't that serious? Why are they rapping about a tree? Did they do it with the girl in the video under the tree? Then why are they cutting trees down? Then they lose their van with their "stash" in it. They can't forget a tree. I'm so confused. Let's move on shall we?

Number 5
Holly Dolly - Dolly Song

I'm only slightly less confused by this video. What animal is that? I know about the Crazy Frog videos and was a fan for a long time. But the oddity of this animal throws me off. Then the music itself is simple and repetitive. I think that's what bothers me the most about this video. The high pitched repetitive sounds used for "lyrics" and I use that term very loosely here. I think I liked this song better before I saw the music video.

Number 4
Bo Inspects the 2012 White House Holiday Decorations

This video has some cute elements. A fluffy dog wondering around it's home checking everything out. When my dog was younger it'd do the same thing. For those living under a rock, this is what I'm calling the First Dog being it's the dog of the President of the United States and his family. It really starts to get dull and down into a who cares rating when the dog parks itself in front of a larger than life replica of itself made out of what looks to be cotton balls. This threw me off enough that I just didn't know what rating to give to it.

Number 3
The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh) Album Version

I am a fan of the Hot Chili Peppers. They have done some amazing songs over the years. The only reason this isn't higher on the list is simply because the other two videos I found just hit my radar a little better than this song. This song is a great song but I'm more of a mood listener when it comes to music which is why I try not to review music videos here since if a good song hits me on a bad day it'll get a bad review. I don't want that to be an influence on the way I review the videos.  It has a smooth melody and would be great to listen to as I'm working on a story or just chilling.

Number 2
Sleigh Bells - Comeback Kid

This video hit number 2 for me because of the video primarily. This song was interesting and different but the visuals they had were off the wall sometimes and so normal other times. It sounds so different from other things I'd hear on the radio on a daily basis and it gives me something new to listen to rather than the same old thing playing over and over again.

And the Number 1 video that almost made the cut...
Ellie Goulding - Lights

As I watched this video and the lack of dancing prowess, it was pressed upon me that not all singers had to be great dancers as well. In all honesty, my friend was right. The more a singer doesn't dance around means to me that they care more about their singing than looking like the hippest dancer. I'm glad to see singers like Ellie that aren't the teeny boppers or boy bands that have making their comeback into the world of music. The music, the sound of her voice, and the lyrics are different than other top 40 videos and I like it for that reason.

Why wasn't this a video of time well spent? I'll admit it, I'm not an avid Ellie Goulding fan. Most days I like things like Adam Lambert sure but I've gotten into more bands like Halestorm which is a new fave of mine I had to discover from the internet. It's an interesting song and off the wall video but still doesn't really make it all the way just yet.

So there you have it, the Top 8 Videos That Almost Made the Cut Round 2.

Sure most of these were found due to my rampant searching for Christmas words but that makes it more interesting to me. Each has something to offer and see or rather not see in some cases.

Time for this blogger to take a bit of a break before searching out my next Christmas themed word video for the Christmas Special later today.

Stick around and see what happens when YouTube picks what I watch.

I'm Creative Karma here at Video Roulette and the videos are calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment