Thursday, December 6, 2012

Video Roulette Christmas Special Day 6 - Sugar Plum

Ah Day 6. Nearly a week but still such a long way to go before we reach Christmas Day.

In searching for the Christmas word for my Christmas Special, I had a harder time than usual coming up with a word to use. This time I even had a dear friend named Jaysen trying to help me come up with a word and it still took longer than was pretty to find a video that either wouldn't drive me insane or was worth the effort. While I do have a rating that asks who cares, if I start to drift off or wonder about the person's sanity it makes it a good deal harder to place.

Eventually, we were able to find a worthy, and rateable, video from the words "sugar plum". Pretty much everyone knows of the line "with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads" from childhood Christmas stories. To others, sugar plum is a treat eaten around Christmas time.

In this case, sugar plum means this:


By far, this is the most traditional video I've come across in my searching. The Nutcracker is a very famous ballet and the dance of the sugar plum fairy being a part of that.

Despite my lack of ballet skill, I always found watching ballet dancers dance very dream like and enjoyable. The way they move and the emotion brought across by their dancing is something unique to be seen. They are graceful in a way that few rarely can be.

The first time this video popped up on YouTube the sound had been removed. Apparently, the sound quality was good enough that some copyright laws had been enacted. So, I looked for a version of this video with the sound and thankfully was able to find it.

For me, this video rates a "time well spent". It was enjoyable to watch and appreciate for what it is. A timeless classic for the holidays.

That's it for this video. But wait! There's more. This is officially my 20th YouTube video review.That means tomorrow, along with Day 7 of the Christmas Special, will be the Top 8 Videos That Almost Made the Cut. Thanks to the Christmas searching I have more that were unrateable or simply unwatchable by some standard or another.

That's all from this reviewer. I'm Creative Karma here at Video Roulette and I'm making my list and checking it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment