Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Supernatural

Once again, it's that lovely time to either make myself and everyone who reads this blog either want to rip their eyes out of their sockets, look at the screen wondering why that even exists or singing songs of praise to the people who came up with the video.

Yes, it's Video Roulette time again. Back for the 26 Days to Halloween Countdown. Though I was intending to do this blog post on the 10th of October, I wasted too much time looking at Ashen's videos and it's now nearly two a.m. here. In any case I finally came up with a video for day the 11th of October.

For those who need the countdown for some reason that means there are only 20 days left till Halloween. Enough time to buy all the candy for the various children with their parents or enough warning to lock the house down to keep all the children away from your abode.

Oddly enough, as I was looking for my next Halloween type word, I tried pulling up common words associated with Halloween. Most of the first videos associated with those words were so boring they didn't even rate a Who Cares. If I had one for Put Me To Sleep then it'd fit in right there.

However, without a way to rate those videos it took me forever to come up with one worth the effort. Don't get me wrong, I came across numerous music videos associated with those words. Everything from metal to folk to J-Pop. Surprisingly, the J-Pop was actually the best one out of the bunch. But I still couldn't figure out how to rate the thing so maybe later I'll do a blog of videos that almost made the cut and the word associated with them.

But back on track now. After much debating, the word I ended up with was Supernatural. Yes, I could have ended up with yet another video of haunting and the like, but for those of you that watch as much TV as I do might come up with another visual for that word. Let's see if yours is the same as mine.



If you guessed the show Supernatural then you are just a big a couch potato as I am. Although technically I watch from my computer chair.

I thought I'd end up with a video from the show as a possibility when I typed that word into the search engine. However, what I didn't expect was that I was going to get probably the weirdest yet funniest thing I've ever seen out of that show.

If you're looking at the title of the video, this is no joke. Jensen Ackles who plays the character Dean is really lip-syncing the song The Eye of the Tiger.

For those that are saying that this video isn't Halloween themed, I say this, I never promised Halloween videos only Halloween words. I can't control what YouTube spits out. In any case the show itself is about two boys who hunt critters like vampires, demons, ghosts, etc etc. That's Halloween enough for me.

Now, when I was trying to come up with a rating for this video I had a bit of a task ahead of me. At first watch I was bouncing between saying WTF?! and laughing endlessly. So, I watched it again. The shock value had lessened and I could only sit there laughing so hard I was crying and unable to see the computer screen.

That's why I decided to give this one a Hallelujah Chorus rating. While some people may not think it's funny, for me it hits all the right buttons. I like a man that likes to goof off and do random crap like that just for a laugh.

So there you are, a video viewer brought to laughing fits over a video. I have to say that's a first for this blog.

Well that's all for this nutcase. Check out the show Supernatural if you get the chance. And this is Creative Karma here at Video Roulette telling you that laughter is the best medicine unless you have something unfortunate like diarrhea.

No comments:

Post a Comment