Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mask

Once again, we return for the newest round of Video Roulette.

This one has been delayed slightly since I was out of town visiting relatives and needed some recovery time. But now I'm back in action and ready to take on the next weird or amazing video.

Just a reminder for everyone on the rating system I use for my videos:

Worst
WTF?!
I'm Scared
Who Cares
Time Well Spent
Hallelujah Chorus
Best

Since I was just recovered from a long weekend I looked for help for my next word from my dear friends.This time the word was offered by my friend Tavian. He suggested I look up the word "mask". So, despite the possibility I'd get a trailer for the Jim Carrey movie I opted to give it a try.

This is what I found:


After watching this video...I would have rather watched part of the Jim Carrey movie. My first thought was quite literally: WTF?! Which is the rating I'm giving this video being it was my primary reaction.

I only grew more confused as I went on and grew more worried. The 80s style theme and music was not something I was entirely used to. While I was born in the 80s I grew up in the 90s. Some of that type of programming survived but it was avoidable for the most part.

I decided to even look this up because I used to watch shows like Transformers and G.I. Joe before people like Micheal Bay. So I just to see if those two ripped off MASK or if it was the other way around or they all ripped on each other.

And what do you know, Transformers came out in 84 and MASK and G.I. Joe in 85. Surprise Surprise. Not sure if G.I. Joe came out earlier I'm really not that concerned about all this.

Needless to say, this was just another one of those TV shows created to sell toys.

Time to go use a gallon of my brain bleach and prepare myself for the worst while hoping for the best.

The 26 Days Till Halloween Countdown will press on. Only 14 more days till you either hide in your house or celebrate the day that everyone helps bolster the dental profession by giving kids too much candy.

This is Creative Karma here at Video Roulette and hoping that better TV shows will be in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment