Saturday, October 6, 2012

Harlequin

'Alo everyone. Welcome back to Video Roulette where the internet could be the perfect lover or a cruel mistress.

Here we are, the last post before I start out on the look for Halloween or spooky themed words just to get into the Halloween spirit.

Now, when most people would hear that a pulled a word from a vampire book series might think that I've all ready pulled a Halloween word out. Well it depends on what vampire book series you are reading. Certainly words will be different between Dracula and Twilight. Though most don't consider the later a vampire story.

In any case, this time I chose a word from one of the Anita Blake vampire hunter books called The Harlequin. If you haven't read or heard of these series, it's by the author Laurell K. Hamilton. I highly recommend this book series for any adult readers out there who like vampire novels. It is a long series so be prepared.

It took me a few tries to not end up with a word like it or the, that wouldn't really work for a blog, before I ended up with a word from the actual title, Harlequin.

Despite the fact this could have brought out the Halloween theme I decided to give it a try anyway. So with a few clicks on my keys in the YouTube search engine, this is the video I found.


When I saw the title of the video I was both interested and concerned. While I'm a fan of the Batman series, the characters in it, and the story behind Harley Quin and the Joker. I also was wondering how well the fan video was made. Did they have the resources to make it a hit or was this some low budget shoot? While I couldn't come up with a high budget looking film I know it's possible.

Suffice it to say that I had high hopes for someone who knew what they were doing and could pull it off with the right amount of acting, overacting, costume design, location, and character chemistry considering the subject matter.

After watching this video, I only had one thought on my mind: Holy shit! And I meant it in the most sincere way possible.

This video knew their subject matter and what they wanted to invoke. There were no shaky camera effects just great views on all sides. The actors held up their roles and went for it not looking like they were trying too hard. They WERE The Joker and Harley Quin.

This is why this video gets my first ever Hallelujah Chorus rating. Not only was I riveted to my screen enough that I muted the TV I had going in the back ground to watch and enjoy it fully but I want to know more. I want to search and find out more about this group and the other things they've done. Not only that, but I will certainly be sharing this video with my friends.

With that knowledge in mind, I'm off to watch more videos and see what I can come up with next out of this group. Check them out for yourself, you'll be glad you did. I know I am.

This is Creative Karma here at Video Roulette. Keep on checking back and see what psycho I can discover next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment