Thursday, October 11, 2012

Jack o' Lantern

Hello and welcome back to the Halloween edition of Video Roulette. The 26 Days Till Halloween Countdown is now in full swing having managed to now do two videos in a row *gasp*.

If you're just tuning in I'm Creative Karma and I'm here to give my ruling on yet another random video from the internet. Will it send me running from the room in horror or will I dance in my chair with glee? Time to dive right in and find out.

As those of you know who have been keeping up with my posts, I've been having a bit of trouble coming up with the next word of the day. Most of them lead to trailers for movies or music videos. While those are all well and good and despite the fact I have shown a trailer here before...it was all because it was something unexpected that came out of the word I typed into YouTube.

That's the end goal here. Not the expected but the unexpected. Like when I typed in Wolfman I knew I was going to get a trailer for a movie. I watch far too much TV to miss a movie trailer.

So in my search for my next video, I went back to former words I tried to see if anything new had come up. Sadly, this was not the case.

In the end, I chose more out of necessity than looking for some awesome video. That being said the word I chose was Jack o' Lantern. 

Now, one might like to nickpick about that word and think it is two or three words I would like to point out that if someone is talking about a pumpkin if one simply talks about setting out a Jack or a Lantern I doubt the first thing on your mind would be a pumpkin that was carved and back lit by a candle.

So Jack o' Lantern it was that I put into the YouTube search engine. And, as expected, I found videos about carving pumpkins. But this was the first video on the list:


Now, while I'm a fan of Halloween. All the dressing up and well carved pumpkins that people put a lot of time into carving...sometimes with screaming kids in the background. While watching this video all I could think was: meh. I mean, it wasn't a total waste of my time but I wasn't riveted to the screen and looking for more.

I admit, some of the pumpkins featured in this video are pretty cool looking. The geek in me ogled the Link carved pumpkin and the death star.

However, the rest of them just seemed like typical pumpkin carving to me. Nothing to get all excited about.

So, this video, while having it's interesting and boring parts, I decided will land in the grey area between Who Cares and Time Well Spent. For the lack of a better term, for now, we'll call this: It's All Right. I'm not completely bored but on the other hand I'm not completely thrilled either.

But, as you can very well see, I'm in dire need of fresh words for this Halloween special. No matter the word you pick I'll do the first video that comes up. The only stipulation is that, for the time being, the word has to be Halloween or spooky themed.

If you are going to leave a comment and want your name mentioned or some nickname then by all means leave a name there for me to mention you by. But if you are one of the millions using Twitter and sent word by that means, then I'll simply be using you Twitter name and throwing in a hashtag when I post this blog on Twitter.

You can always look me up on Twitter as Creative_Karma.

There you have it. Time for me to go off and look up another word my 26 Days to Halloween Countdown.

Get those costumes ready and get those videos out on the web.

This is Creative Karma here at Video Roulette were creativity is rewarded....or at least given an honorable mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment