Monday, June 3, 2013

Gangnam Eye Joe

Alo everyone.

It's been quite a while since my last post here on Video Roulette. I know I've kept up with my other blogs better than this one.

Well for me, I tend to work on something when I feel inspired rather than forcing the inspiration to come on it's own.

As it so happens, I have finally come across my inspiration in the form of a mash up.

Most people have done mash-ups of songs for club mixes or for the fun of it to see what they come up with.

Seems someone else out there as come up with one lately that I discovered while wandering about the Buzzfeed.com site.

Here is what happens when one mixes Cotton Eye Joe by Red Nex with Gangnam Style by Psy


I can honestly say that in the early days of the Gangnam style fad...I wasn't a fan of this song. Heck, I still don't really like this song. It became even worse when it was used for the pistachio commercial.

Cotton Eye Joe was a song I actually sorta liked. My friends and I were dorky enough back in the day to come up with our own dance for Cotton Eye Joe.

I would have never thought to put these two together in a video but here they are and honestly...it's pretty good.

The mix of the two songs was blended really well and it was so odd that it should be more of a challenge to make it through the song and not laugh. I caught myself chuckling at the blending.

I think this might be the only way I actually like Gangnam style. So I can honestly vote that this was time well spent on my part.

For once, I don't need a bucket of brain bleach. What is the world coming to?

That's all for now, let's just hope my next video find won't make me want to rip my own ears off.

No comments:

Post a Comment