Thursday, September 12, 2013

Is This...REALLY the Sound a Fox Makes?

Annnd I'm back.

Welcome back to Video Roulette. The place where I could probably damage my eardrums with YouTube videos for your amusement. Or just maybe, the next video I watch will have me trying to license Handel's chorus of angels to sing in amazement. Only time and the next click of my mouse will tell.

I've been in a slump from my days being a dork and video watching while trying to catch up on my many subscriptions to various YouTube channels as well as those menial everyday tasks called chores.

But, thanks, or rather no thanks, to a friend of mine, I've been shocked back into the world of random videos once again by a challenge put forth to me by my friend.

Now, this video was sent to her by a friend and thus sent it on to me because my friend knew I hadn't worked on my blog lately.

Well, I've watched the video to it's end and come out the other side and now it's your turn.

Here is my friend's video roulette challenge:


At the first few seconds of this video, my mind was trying to decide if this was some elaborate version of a child's video about animal sounds or someone's joking rendition of taking a song in another language and typing out words in English that sounded like the foreign words.

Certainly the accent coming from the first singer made me think the later over the former. But being YouTube I wasn't going to rule the first option out.

However, I was proven so very VERY wrong.

The words at the bottom of the screen matched all too perfectly and the video itself seemed utterly serious in going right along with the lyrics.

These guys are completely serious. Don't get me wrong. I know all about the furry culture. I have a couple of friends who have taught me a great deal.

This song just gets crazier and crazier as it goes along. Between the non-words the singer uses to describe "what a fox says" and the costumes...there is little brain power left to the viewer by the end that isn't filled with more questions than answers.

All of the imagery in this video is oddly great and the singers themselves are pretty cute, at least from my perspective.

I mean, who hasn't been read a story on someone's lap from a book about the sounds animals make? I know I was when I was a child.

But combining effects like choreography, laser tunnels, and hot guys with fox suits and masks, the odd lyrics...and...oh yeah the cg dancing and rapping fox at the end. I mean really?!!?

There is only one thing I can say about this video: WTF DID I JUST WATCH??!!?

So there you have it. Yet another video that calls for a tanker truck load of bleach. Or in the words of one of my friends that I inflicted this video on: Never again.

And I agree. Once is enough for me.

So, that's all from this confused blogger. I will go back out on the hunt for more random YouTube videos and see what else I can find. Till next time, stay sane everyone...or as sane as possible.

This is Creative Karma and I'm off to back order some more brain bleach.

No comments:

Post a Comment